Friday, November 30, 2007

Four Crazy Brits to Celebrate 8 Crazy Nights

It's that time of year again. Time to light the candles! It's also time to have a latke (kudos if you know how to work with hot oil; I find it scary), have some gelt (if anyone has the inside track on where to get some 75% cacao dark chocolate gelt, you could make a killing in the 18-49 demo!), have a dreidel (please, if Jews can write great Christmas songs like "White Christmas," why can't they write a decent song about something made out of clay?!). Or Hava Nagila! Let's all chant "OY!"

Happy Hanukkah to all!!
655 Jack

2 comments:

ELIZABETH SHEMARIA said...

My dad sent me your blog. I like it, it's funny. I have a blog too. Elizabethshemaria.blogspot.com. Hope you are well.

pibseast said...

My dad wrote the 8 Days of Channukah song.

Here's a tidbit...
(you know the music)

On the 6th Night of Channukah my bubbe gave to me:

6 pieces kishke
5 Glasses wine
4 potato knish
3 turkey legs
2 chicken breasts
and
a large bowl of matzoh ball soup....

You get the idea :)

But the 8th night is different.

xo
Steph