Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy New Year / L' Shana Tovah


We Jews are lucky. We get two New Years. The regular one and the Jewish one. Except the Jewish one isn't so festive, in that Dick Clark-now Ryan Seacrest-can I stay up until Midnight because the champagne I drank way too early has made me loopy and I can't keep my eyes open kind of way. It's a sit in temple (and usually during the hottest day of the year) in your best suit and tie and contemplate the year you've had and the year that's coming up kind of way. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm home and it's 2 am and I can't sleep. It's New Year but unfortunately this year, I was flying as the Jewish New Year began and for the first time in a long time, I wasn't in temple. I stressed out a little and then rationalized that perhaps being at the Western Wall last Thursday was the next best thing I could've done. I'm not sure, but just in case, I'll ask for forgiveness next week on Yom Kippur.

From me to you, a sweet and Happy New Year

1 comment:

Shoshana said...

L'Shana Tovah to you too. I hope that you will have a good and wonderful year.

I am about to read all about your vacation - it looks wonderful! Maybe when you have some free time we can get together and catch up. Things have been rather crazy for me personally, but I have wanting to get a hold of you. I sent you some e-mails; I'm not sure if you received them.

I miss you and hope to hear from you soon. Again, L'Shana Tovah to everyone and have an easy fast.